Elite transportation is muscle – your muscle. For too long we’ve let our cars dictate where we live, what we wear, where we shop, how we handle traffic, even what income we need to have. We think that being owned by machines is something from science fiction, but if you can’t go up two flights of stairs on your own power without getting out of breath, what else would you call it? So break loose, already.
Here are some useful links if you are interested in using a bicycle to get around…
- My bike photos, including detailed illustrations of components with discussion
- Bicycle racks I have seen, with discussion of their relative merits. This presentation is assembled with urban planners in mind.
- Bloomington Cycle and Fitness – my favorite bike shop
- WikiBooks – Bicycle Maintenance and Repair
- Like unicycles? Unicycle.com!
- Articles by Sheldon Brown